Diploma in Civil Engineering with Honours
- PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
The Diploma in Civil Engineering Programme is designed to provide the engineering profession with skilled and competent civil engineering technical assistants. It also paves the way for continuing education for the students. It prepares students with a solid foundation not only in theoretical concepts but also in engineering skills. This programme offers students a wide range of civil engineering courses such as structures, geotechnical engineering, traffic and highway engineering, water and wastewater and construction management.
- PEO 1 : Technically compentent: Produce quality of works at par with counteparts in the global markets.
- PEO 2 : Professionally attached to work place and the socities: Contribute as skillful assistant/associate Civil Engineers with desires to grow intellectually and professionally within local and global environment.
- PEO 3 : Internalizing Lifelong Learning: Stayed informed to emerging technologies and contemporary issues and challenges facing career in the future.
PLO 1-Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to well-defined engineering procedures and practices.
PLO 2- Problem analysis: Analyses well-defined engineering problems in their discipline with respect to operation and maintenance, including troubleshooting.
PLO 3- Design/development of solutions: Conduct investigations and assist in the design of solutions for engineering systems.
PLO4- Modern tools usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
PLO 5- The engineer and society: Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
PLO 6- Environmental and sustainability: Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
PLO 7-Ethics: Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practices.
PLO 8- Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
PLO 9- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
PLO 10- Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
PLO 11- Project management and finance: Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC) / O-Level / equivalent. At least THREE (3) subjects passed with minimum C GRADE
- A minimum score of Band 5.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
OR A minimum score of 61 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL-IBT);
OR A minimum score of 500 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
OR Obtained a minimum of Band 3 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
(Candidates who do not possess English language qualification (TOEFL 500 / TOEFL-IBT 61 / IELTS
5.0 / MUET Band 3 or equivalent) are required to pass Preparatory Intensive English (PIE) programme before commencing Diploma Programme)
i. Candidates must NOT be physically handicapped which will complicate practical works.
ii. Candidates are NOT color blind
- Minimum C GRADE / Marks 50% / CGPA 2.00 in following three subjects :
• Two (2) any other Science / Technology subjects related to the field
More info on UMP ADMISSION
- Asst. Design Engineers
- Asst. Environmental Engineers
- Asst. Geotechnical Engineers
- Asst. Project Engineer
- Site Supervisor
- R & D Engineers
- C & S Clerk-of-Works